Please share the following DBER job posting with those interested!
Assistant Professor of Microbiology Education
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month tenure track Assistant Professor of Microbiology Education in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology that begins August 2023.
There is the potential for additional compensation during the summer depending on departmental needs.
The successful candidate will teach one or more upper-level undergraduate course(s) in the field of microbiology, contribute to other undergraduate and graduate teaching as required, and conduct externally funded research in biology education. The candidate will benefit from interactions with several tenured faculty in the College of Science and Mathematics whose research area is in Discipline-Based Education Research.
* Perform research in the area of biology/ microbiology education
* Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals appropriate to the field
* Apply for extramural funding to develop education research portfolio
* Teach Microbiology or other courses, including lectures and laboratory sections each semester
* Contribute to curriculum development to meet the needs of the diverse students whom we serve
* Collaborate on development and implementation of assessment tools to analyze teaching effectiveness and improve student learning
* Participate in professional service within the Department, the College of Science and Mathematics, the University and beyond.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
* An earned doctoral degree, or the foreign equivalent, in biology, microbiology, or a related field
* A record of peer-reviewed publications appropriate to the field
* A clear and inclusive philosophy of teaching.
Preferred Qualifications Include
* Postdoctoral research experience in microbiology education
* A record of publishing research in microbiology or biology education
* Previous experience in teaching microbiology courses and labs in the university setting
* Demonstrable commitment to inclusive excellence incorporated into teaching
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 252655.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state
Dr. Kimberly (Linenberger) Cortes
Interim Assistant Department Chair
Interim MSCB Graduate Coordinator
Associate Professor of Chemistry Education
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
370 Paulding Ave NW
Room 433, MD 1203
Kennesaw, GA 30144