The STEM Education Innovation and Research Institute at IUPUI seeks applicants for a Postdoctoral Fellow to focus on research and evaluation on a variety of STEM education projects. This Postdoctoral Fellow will play an integral role in the continued development of SEIRI and in the STEM education initiatives at IUPUI. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has the goal to develop an academic career focused on teaching, research, and evaluation of STEM projects.
* Working with faculty to develop research designs and methods for data collection, and analysis for local and national grants (e.g., NSF proposals).
* Developing evaluation designs and methods for data collection and analysis for local and national grants.
* Serving as an evaluator on local and national grant-funded projects.
* Contributing to peer-reviewed publications produced by SEIRI.
* Collaborating with a team of SEIRI personnel which includes faculty, other professionals, undergraduate students, and graduate students on STEM education research.
SEIRI staff are currently the evaluators and researchers on multiple NSF funded and pending grants (see http://seiri.iupui.edu). The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in preparing proposals in STEM education for internal and external funding sources.
* Doctoral degree in a STEM discipline with experience and interest in doing discipline-based education research.
* Prior experience designing, implementing, and interpreting mixed methods research or evaluation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Certification to work in the United States (OPT, H1B).
* Experience with designing and completing STEM education research projects that have led to publication(s).
* Experience with consulting on and evaluating STEM educational innovations.
* Ability to manage multiple evaluation and research projects.
* Publications in refereed journals and/or conference proceedings.
* Evidence of participation in proposal development for grant applications for external funding.
* Evidence of successful teaching experience in undergraduate or graduate programs.
* Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
* Upload application
* Include cover letter and current CV
* Submit the names and contact information for three professional references to
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
As the state’s premier urban research institution, IUPUI is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion that inform academic excellence. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. IUPUI condemns racism in all its forms and has taken an anti-racist stance that moves beyond mere statements to interrogating its policies, procedures, and practices. We hope to identify individuals who will assist in our mission to dismantle racism so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at IUPUI.
IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Individuals who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process must notify Reena Wyman at SEIRI@iupui.edu, a couple of days in advance. Please address questions about the position to Pratibha Varma-Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pratibha Varma-Nelson, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry
Founding Executive Director, SEIRI
IUPUI, UL 1123
755 West Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317 278-3425 (office)
“Never mistake a clear view for a short distance." Paul Sappho